- Eurochannel was originally created by Abril Group (TVA) in Brazil in 1994, then released by Direct TV to cover all the Brazilian territory. The channel aimed at showing outside the European territory the diversity of the European culture. Since the beginning, it proposed an important part of cinema in its programming, completed by series, music, travels, arts and fashion .
- In 2000, the channel was acquired by Multithematiques INC. (Canal + Group) and Vivendi and launched its Spanish version.
- In 2004, Gustavo Vainstein, former executive at Noos, French cable operator, took control of the channel and raised Eurochannel viewers to 5 millions. Since 2004, the channel develops its programming content and also created its own programs (See Europroduction).
- The channel is continually expanding in new countries. In 2007, Eurochannel was launched in Portugal. Since April 30th 2008, the channel is available in the US in an English version through the satellite operator DISH Network, both on the “French Bouquet” and “A la Carte”.
- In July 2009, Eurochannel launched for its subscribers a monthly magazine: Eurochannel Guide. The Eurochannel Guide is issued on a monthly basis and available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish on Eurochannel website. Since November 11th 2009, the channel is available under the name Kino Europa both in DISH Network’s Polish Super Pack and A La Carte, in Polish audio with English subtitles.
- In 2011, Eurochannel launches its first on-demand service in Korea, and is broadcasted in France through three cable providers.
- In 2012, Eurochannel is launched in erbia and Bosnia Herzegovina, and creates the Eurochannel app on Google TV and Amazon in the USA.
Eurochannel is a one-of-a-kind network. Our vast selection of modern entertainment from the every corner of Europe takes viewers on a whirlwind tour of European culture.
Eurochannel presents only top of the line European programming: From traditional films to the hottest new cinema; from sweeping, epic serials to heart-pounding mini-series; from specials on historical art to the very latest in modern rock, pop and easy listening music, Eurochannel has something for everybody. Eurochannel is more than just shows: we also show subscribers the best, most secret parts of European culture with our travel specials, and our all-access coverage of Europe’s most important film festivals.
EurocinemaEurocinema brings a banquet of amazing European films, from unforgettable classics to the latest hits straight from Europe’s best and brightest filmmakers.
EuroseriesEvery week, viewers find something exciting on Euroseries, an exclusive collection of brilliant and engaging shows.
Viewers find musical legends like U2 and Phil Collins performing alongside the hottest up-and-coming acts like David Guetta and Enrique Iglesias. On Euromusic, they are invited to explore the next big thing from the heart of Europe, or to rediscover their old favorites.
Eurochannel brings its viewers into the most important film festivals in Europe. Viewers will see the films that are taking the world by storm, and then witness exclusive interviews with the top actors and directors. Witness the festivals at Cannes, Karlovy Vary, Venice, and Berlin – Europroduction are their VIP pass to rub elbows with the stars.
- Euro Dj’s
Eurochannel take the viewer on a journey with the most famous DJs in Europe as they relate the stories of their art, success, and adventures around the world. Through exclusive interviews with the Eurochannel team, and plenty of video clips, you can see the inside story on the hottest new leaders of the underground music scene.
The channel covers main european prestigious Festival: Cannes Film Festival, Karlo Vivary Film Festival, Berlinales, la Mostra de venice, La Festa di Roma...
Taking a trip to Europe has never been so easy. Eurotravel programs takes viewers on a trip across the most breathtaking cities and country-sides in the world without ever having to set foot on a plane.
Europe is the birthplace of art, and Euromagazine gives a historian’s look at the world’s greatest cultural achievements from both ancient and modern times. Experience firsthand the fascinating world of European craftsmanship and traditions – from the sculptures of Greece to the cooking in Tuscany.
With Eurofashion, Comcast subscribers will have a front row seat at the hottest fashion shows in Europe. Check out the biggest names in fashion walking down the runways of London, Paris and Milan. Then go backstage for exclusive interviews with the world’s greatest designers.
The Eurochannel Short Films Tour - Tiny glimpses into the soul of Europe
The Eurochannel Short Films Tour offers an authentic trip around Europe through exceptional programming.
It is a look at European cinema through the eyes of innovative directors, known for their talent, originality and independence. With this selection of the best creations from all European countries, Eurochannel invites fans of cinema and European culture to discover the newest faces and perspectives of the European film scene.
Regularly awarded at short film festivals and often being shown for the first time outside of their country, all the shorts presented have a strong identity taken from a particular region of Europe. They all reflect unknown dimensions of European reality.
From 2008 to 2012, more than 200 screenings were organised all over the 4 continents covered with the support of some embassies, French Alliances and NGOs.
One month, one country - One country in the spotlight
Several times a year for a whole month, Eurochannel dedicates a major part of its programming to one European country. This event gets a large amount of media coverage. During this special event, Eurochannel presents all aspects of this country through movies, documentaries and music.